DAUPHIN ISLAND, Ala. (AP) - Authorities have recovered the bodies of a father and son who drowned while swimming off the coast of Alabama.
News outlets reported that authorities recovered the body of the 47-year-old father on Friday morning. Authorities found the body of the 17-year-old son on Thursday.
The two Taiwanese nationals were swimming around Dauphin Island Thursday when they disappeared more than 100 yards (91 meters) from shore. The boy was found hours later in water about a mile from the scene.
The U.S. Coast Guard says the two were vacationing in the area with family. The Dauphin Island Fire Department, the Mobile County Sheriff's Office and other rescue agencies assisted the Coast Guard with the search.
- Father and son drown off Alabama coast
- Rabid foxes attack on Alabama's coast
- Father shot his son in the mouth, authorities say
- Father, son plead guilty to $27M health care scam
- Son charged with father's murder in Lauderdale County
- Father shoots and kills his son in Limestone County
- Father and son make memorable trip to see Auburn-Oregon
- Officials: Last slave ship from Africa ID'd on Alabama coast
- Alabama father writes open letter to President Trump
- Alabama man charged in killing of girlfriend's baby son