The man who died in a boating accident on the Tennessee River in Morgan County on February 2nd has been identified as 59-year-old Stephen Johnson from Decatur.
According to Morgan County Coroner Jeff Chunn, Johnson's death was ruled an accidental drowning, but they are waiting on results from the full autopsy.
Chunn said Johnson had some health issues that might have contributed to what happened and the temperature of the water at the time could have been a factor.
Several emergency agencies responded to the boating accident near the railroad bridge on the Tennessee River. A boater called 911 Central Dispatch saying he saw an unoccupied boat possibly under a barge that was tied up at a mooring dock.
For more information about the accident, click HERE.
- Victim identified in fatal Morgan County boating accident
- Cullman victim identified in Saturday night boating accident
- Victims identified in fatal Limestone County shooting
- Tractor accident kills Morgan County contractor
- Fatal motorcycle crash in Morgan County
- Body found at Morgan's Cove Boat Ramp identified as Koy Spears
- Death toll increases in boating accident
- Woman in fair condition after boating accident
- Update:Police identify victim in fatal Huntsville wreck
- Madison man identified as Morgan County Jail inmate who died