Decatur Police are investigating a fatal crash early Thursday morning near Jack's on Beltline Road.
Decatur police said Lou Hopper, 58, of Decatur, was trying to cross the road on foot when she was hit by a pickup truck.
Hopper was pronounced dead at the scene. Decatur police are still investigating.
Decatur police said there have been five fatal wrecks in the city since the beginning of December, and three of them have involved pedestrians.
In two of the three cases, pedestrians were improperly crossing major thoroughfares at the time of the accidents.
Police urged pedestrians to wear bright colors for visibility and only cross the road legally at marked intersections.
- Pedestrian identified in deadly Decatur wreck
- Pedestrian identified in deadly Colbert County wreck
- Decatur woman identified in deadly Monday wreck
- UPDATE: Man killed in Decatur wreck identified
- Victim identified in deadly DeKalb County wreck
- Victim in deadly Limestone County wreck identified
- Pedestrian killed crossing Decatur street
- UPDATE: Decatur police identify pedestrian hit by truck
- Rogersville woman identified in deadly Limestone County wreck
- Decatur police investigating deadly shooting