Jalissa Garner, 25, was heading east along Douglas Road north of Huntsville when she was hit and killed by Jose Sanchez.
She was on the way to pick up her sixth month old son from day care.
Jalissa's dad Larry Garner said she had a smile and personality that could light up a room.
"That's jalissa, always smiling," said Larry Garner.
The family is thankful for technology and social media, because it allows them to have so many memories.
"Her whole life was just chroniclized," said Garner.
Jose Sanchez is charged right now with leaving the scene of an accident, but the revelation that he was also drinking makes the grieving process that much harder.
"There's nothing I can do to him physically that's going to bring back my daughter and there's some things I want to do to him, but its just not going to bring her back," said Garner.
The family said what happened to Jalissa is a reminder to not waste time.
"Don't ever say we'll do it tomorrow. Do it today. Don't say we'll put it off for tomorrow, because it was a couple thing I did put off till tomorrow and tomorrow never come," said Garner.
They have a message for anyone who might think about drinking and driving.
"Think of the consequences of your actions before you do it. I can't tell nobody not to drink, but just be responsible. Think about others if you don't think about yourself," said Garner.
Right now, Alabama State Troopers are still finishing up their investigation and Sanchez could face more charges.
- Family grieves daughter killed by drunk driver
- Decatur Police on patrol for drunk drivers
- Thousands grieve murdered police commander
- Baseball helps grieving community heal
- Family, friends in Albertville grieving after loved ones killed in wreck in Kansas
- 'Thank God it wasn't worse': Family hit by accused drunk driver
- Arab Recreational Center dedicates plaque to employee killed by suspected drunk driver
- Boy fights for life after drunk driver hits ambulance
- Tuscaloosa man charged with killing daughter
- Family grieving after two men die from carbon monoxide poisoning in Lawrence Co.