A smoke alarm prompted a quick student evacuation at the Sparkman 9th grade building in Madison county.
Around 9:00 a.m. Thursday morning, an air conditioner fan overheated and set the smoke alarm off, according to a district spokesman.
Harvest fire crews responded before the all clear was given.
Students returned back to class within 30 minutes.
- Smoke alarm forces student evacuation
- Sound the Alarm telethon giving away free smoke detectors
- Huntsville Fire & Rescue: Smoke alarm saved a man's life
- Huntsville first responders credit smoke alarm, neighbors for possibly saving two lives
- Toy grenade forces hundreds to evacuate Houston airport
- Trump campaign Russia contacts alarm intelligence experts
- Student who set off Hampton Cove "false alarm" shares her story
- Hampton Cove Middle School student who set off "false alarm" referred to alternative school
- 11,000 people have been forced to evacuate as firefighters battle wildfires in Canada
- 16 apartment units in Huntsville forced to evacuate following Sunday morning fire