A smoke alarm prompted a quick student evacuation at the Sparkman 9th grade building in Madison county.
Around 9:00 a.m. Thursday morning, an air conditioner fan overheated and set the smoke alarm off, according to a district spokesman.
Harvest fire crews responded before the all clear was given.
Students returned back to class within 30 minutes.
- Smoke alarm forces student evacuation
- Toy grenade forces hundreds to evacuate Houston airport
- Trump campaign Russia contacts alarm intelligence experts
- Student who set off Hampton Cove "false alarm" shares her story
- Hampton Cove Middle School student who set off "false alarm" referred to alternative school
- Heavy smoke in South Huntsville
- Public housing goes non-smoking
- New fissure prompts more evacuations
- White House officials alarmed at education secretary's '60 Minutes' performance
- Two arrested for smoking marijuana around infant