Falkville Police Chief Chris Free has resigned from his position.
Larry Madison, Falkville Town Attorney, said the resignation was a mutual agreements between Free and Falkville. It went into effect at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Madison couldn’t say if it is related to the FBI investigation of Free that was announced without detail in March.
Madison did say it was more on an economic decision because Free has been on leave for about two months and this is generating a lot of overtime for the department’s five officers.
A new chief has not been announced.
- Falkville police chief resigns
- Falkville mayor: Police chief on leave due to FBI investigation
- Falkville falls in the quarterfinals
- Crews rescue dog in Falkville house fire
- Falkville police: Texting drivers beware the “Cell Phone Terminator”
- Morgan County sheriff: Falkville man facing rape charge
- Falkville woman dies from injuries sustained in Lawrence County wreck
- 1 dead in Falkville shooting; suspect in custody
- Neighbors shocked after fatal shooting in Falkville home
- Falkville police: Woman accused in shooting death of husband released from jail