FOX Business Network banned a guest after controversial remarks he made about Senator John McCain, the website Mediaite reported Friday.
It was during Thursday's interview when military analyst Thomas McInerney discussed Senator McCain's opposition to President Trump's pick for CIA director, Gina Haspel.
Senator McCain said his concern is because of Haspel's overseeing of the use of various interrogation techniques which include water boarding.
McInerney said, "The fact is John McCain — [torture] worked on John. That’s why they call him ‘Songbird John.’ The fact is those methods can work, and they are effective," referring to Senator McCain's time as a prisoner of war in Vietnam.
Host Charles Payne did not challenge McInerney's comments, but later apologized on Twitter and wrote how a producer was talking to him through his earpiece and he didn't hear the comment.
Senator McCain's wife, Cindy, also took to Twitter and requested the network pick their guests more wisely.
This is going on at the same time reports surfaced which allege White House advisor Kelly Sadler commented about Senator McCain's opposition to Haspel by openly saying in a meeting, "he's dying anyway." Senator McCain continues to battle brain cancer.
Cindy McCain also responded to that comment on Twitter when she wrote directly to Sadler, "May I remind you my husband has a family, 7 children and 5 grandchildren."
The White House responded to the ordeal in a statement which read, "We respect Senator McCain's service to our nation and he and his family are in our prayers during this difficult time."
- FOX Business Network bans guest for McCain remarks
- Cable news wars: FOX #1, MSNBC sees ratings surge; both lag network news
- Facebook bans ad by Huntsville gun business
- Two bit by rabid fox
- Fox terrier wins at Westminster
- Abortion ban’s impact on business in Alabama remains unclear
- 15-year-old Cori 'Coco' Gauff extends remarkable run at Wimbledon
- Aide dismissive of McCain departs White House
- Sen. John McCain Dies at 81
- Funeral plans announced for Senator John McCain