In Muscle Shoals, FAME Studios filed a lawsuit against Kanye West, Pusha-T and their music labels.
According to the suit, Kanye produced a song on Pusha-T's album "that used part of the George Jackson song, "I Can't Do Without You."
The song was produced at FAME Studios before the Copyright Act of 1972. The studio said that means they own 100 percent of the rights to the song.
Attorneys for the studio want a jury trial for damages. WAAY 31 reached out to FAME Studios, and they said they can't comment on pending litigation.
- FAME Studios in Muscle Shoals sues Kanye West, others over rights to song
- Muscle Shoals, FAME rhythm section drummer Jerry Carrigan dies
- Muscle Shoals TV Show Confirmed
- Muscle Shoals' pre-game routine
- Mississippi band makes history releasing first album from the renovated Muscle Shoals Sound Studio
- Muscle Shoals Education Foundation raises $90,000
- Muscle Shoals parents upset after teacher firing
- Tuscumbia man killed in Muscle Shoals wreck
- One dead in Muscle Shoals shooting
- Muscle Shoals basketball punches Final Four ticket