Beginning Tuesday, Mar. 27, 2018, Holmes Ave. will be converted from a one-way street to a two-way street from Jefferson St. to Lincoln St.
Traffic will be detoured over a two day period until Wednesday Mar. 28 (weather permits).
Detour day one will be a one block work zone on Holmes Ave between Lincoln St. and Green St.
Day two of the detour will be a two block work zone on Holmes Ave between Green St. to Washington St. and Washington St. to Jefferson St.
Work will begin at 9:00 a.m. on both days and continue until the two-way conversion is complete.
Parking will be affected and limited. Drivers are advised to watch for City of Huntsville Parking personnel who will assist as needed.
Drivers should use caution and obey all traffic control signs and pavement markings.
- Expect detours in downtown Huntsville March 27
- Some detours in Albertville could continue longer than expected
- Rocket City Bash coming up March 27
- Expect lane closures on March 20
- Keel Mountain Road detour causing problems for homeowners
- First cycle track opens in downtown Huntsville
- 3 new restaurants coming to downtown Huntsville
- First restaurant announced for downtown Huntsville development
- Downtown Huntsville wreck knocks over pole
- Emergency Lane Closure in Downtown Huntsville