PINSON, Ala. (AP) - A former high school band director in Alabama is accused of touching a student's buttocks.
News outlets report a March 9 indictment made public Wednesday charged 26-year-old Adam Bearden with having sexual contact with a student under the age of 19 as a school employee, a felony.
Bearden resigned from Pinson Valley High School amid the investigation in 2017, a year after he was rehired because of an outpouring of community support when he was laid off in 2016.
Bearden taught at the high school for three years, and had spent four years with University of Alabama's official marching band, the Million Dollar Band.
According to Jefferson County Jail records, he was booked and released March 24. It's unclear whether he has a lawyer.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ex-band director accused of touching student's buttocks
- Mississippi inmate in buttocks injection killing has died
- Band Director on paid leave amid asbestos scare
- Sparkman Band shines during Band Day
- 2nd woman accuses Sen. Al Franken of inappropriate touching
- University of Florida band director says he was attacked after football game
- Bob Jones High School band students performing in Pearl Harbor
- UNA approves banded tuition rate
- Bands shine in Limestone County
- The Tide Touches Down in New Orleans