COLUMBUS, Ga. (AP) - Police say a former West Virginia football player has been charged in Georgia with aggravated child molestation.
Authorities say Justin Crawford was arrested after a 12-year-old girl told her mother Crawford had sex with her Saturday in his Columbus home.
The Columbus Ledger-Enquirer reported that Detective Mark Scruggs testified during a preliminary hearing Crawford's wife saw her husband standing over the girl Saturday morning, then told the girl's mother.
Scruggs says Crawford first denied having sex, then later said it was the girl's idea.
A lawyer for Crawford couldn't be found.
Crawford played two seasons for West Virginia and signed this year as an undrafted free agent with the Atlanta Falcons before being released.
The Atlanta Legends of the Alliance of American Football says Crawford was suspended after his arrest.
- Ex-West Virginia player faces child sex charge in Georgia
- Boaz man facing child porn, sex abuse charges
- Alabama youth pastor facing new child sex charges
- Former preacher faces child sex abuse charges in Limestone Co.
- Two men charged with child sex abuse
- Convicted sex offender charged with child porn
- Alabama teacher faces sex charge involving student
- Woman charged in death of man decapitated in West Virginia
- Madison County authorities charge man with child sex abuse
- Franklin County inmate being held on child sex charges dies