ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A former defensive end for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the University of Alabama has been arrested on drug charges in Florida.
Pinellas County Jail records show 50-year-old Keith McCants was arrested early Monday near St. Petersburg. He's charged with a felony count of possession of crack cocaine and driving with a revoked or suspended license. He bonded out of jail, but records don't list a lawyer.
Jail records show multiple arrests since 2010. His most recent arrest was in January, for driving with a suspended license. Court records show he faces a July 10 court date.
McCants made the All-America Team at Alabama and was selected fourth overall by the Buccaneers in the 1990 NFL Draft. His career ended in 1995. He also played for the Oilers and Cardinals.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Ex-NFL, Alabama player Keith McCants arrested on drug charge
- Former NFL player Kellen Winslow Jr arrested on rape charges
- NFL players reaction to new anthem policy
- Two arrested on drug charges
- Two arrested on drug charges in Scottsboro
- Decatur woman arrested on drug, shoplifting charges
- Man charged for shooting son after argument about NFL players 'taking a knee'
- Prosecutors not pursuing domestic violence charge against NFL player Reuben Foster
- Trump renewing his complaint about kneeling NFL players
- This epic NASA handshake was inspired by NFL players