A former Florence High School teacher is facing multiple sex charges out of Calhoun County.
Bradley White is charged with distributing obscene material to a student, and having sexual contact with a student under the age of 19.
In March 2018, White was a non-tenured choral teacher at Florence High School, according to a Florence City Schools news release.
The Calhoun County charges came after his time in Florence.
Florence City Schools said White was let go because of classroom management issues, not personal issues involving students. A spokesman said that’s why he was never reported to the state or other districts.
The Florence release also said it was discovered on March 21, 2018, that White had been sending text messages during an ACT examination rather than performing his duty as a room supervisor.
After a subsequent investigation by school administrators White resigned his position on March 22, 2018.
- Ex Florence High School teacher facing sex charges in Calhoun County
- Alabama teacher faces sex charge involving student
- Florence men facing felony meth, heroin charges
- Four facing charges for Florence break-in
- Teacher, former school board member charged with sex crimes
- Madison County Assistant District Attorney breaks down teacher's sex charges
- Calhoun Community College holds Manufacturing Day for high school students
- Ex-Alabama high school coach indicted on student sex charges
- No charges filed against Jemison High teacher
- Huntsville Junior High School teacher resigns