BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - A former Alabama high school coach accused of a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old student has been indicted.
AL.com reports March 9 indictments from a Jefferson County grand jury against 23-year-old Willyncia Joy Harper were made public Friday. The county sheriff's office said in a statement the volunteer assistant volleyball coach had sexual contact with the girl several times between October and December 2016.
The sheriff's office said Harper posted $18,000 bond and was released from jail after her February 2017 arrest.
She is charged with school employee engaging in sex act with a student under the age of 19 and school employee having sexual contact with a student under the age of 19.
A court trial has not been set yet. It is unclear if Harper has a lawyer.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
3/16/2018 8:40:50 PM (GMT -5:00)
- Ex-Alabama high school coach indicted on student sex charges
- Alabama children's pastor indicted on sex abuse charges
- Alabama teacher faces sex charge involving student
- Former counselor re-indicted on student sex charges
- Alabama lawmaker indicted, charged with paying kickbacks
- EPA official indicted on Alabama ethics charges
- Alabama woman indicted for trafficking stolen identities, 18 other charges
- Birmingham coach arrested for having sex with a student
- Former Alabama corrections supervisor indicted in beating
- Alabama loses another assistant coach