An evening of cooking took a turn for the worse for a pair of residents in Fayetteville Sunday night.
According to the Fayetteville Fire Department, the duo was cooking in the kitchen when a fire broke out around 8:41 p.m.
It happened at an apartment complex along Main Street near the corner of College Street East.
Both of them were able to get out safely, but the fire ended up destroying their apartment. Two cats also died in the fire.
Fire investigators said the rest of the building is structurally fine.
- Downtown apartment fire displaces two Fayetteville residents
- West Huntsville apartments condemned, residents displaced due to storm damage
- Flooding causes Fayetteville resident to seek change
- Suspended Fayetteville fire chief retires
- Tenants displaced after Huntsville apartment complex condemned
- Late night apartment fire displaces seven people, including children
- 17 people displaced, 1 injured in Huntsville apartment fire
- Arab downtown apartment fire ruled accidental
- Fayetteville's fire chief suspended, according to report
- Fayetteville, Tennessee Fire Department Chief resigns