Two men have been arrested in the last 24 hours for raping underage girls in separate Etowah County cases.
John David Coggins, 24, of Gallant, was booked into jail on a count of second-degree rape Thursday evening, according to jail records.
The Etowah County Sheriff's Office said Coggins is accused of raping a 14-year-old girl at a home on Smith Chapel Road in Boaz. A family member reported the incident to authorities, according to the sheriff's office.
In the other case, Clint Evan Causey, 25, also of Gallant, was charged with first-degree and second-degree rape. He's accused of raping a 14-year-old girl several times over the last three years, authorities said. That case also was reported by a family member, they said.
Bond was set at $50,000 for Coggins and $125,000 for Causey. Neither man will be allowed to have any contact with anyone under 18 if they post bond, authorities said.
- Etowah County men charged with rape
- 5 arrested in Etowah County drug bust
- Etowah woman charged with using drugs while pregnant
- Man tased by Etowah deputies dies
- Man in Etowah County dies after deputies use stun gun
- Etowah County man arrested for possession of child pornography
- Lauderdale County man charged with rape
- Morgan County sheriff charges teen with rape
- Charges dropped in Madison County rape case
- Two suspects arrested in Etowah County following multi-agency drug investigation