Erin Dacy said goodbye to WAAY 31 Friday morning after 24 years.
Erin began her TV career at WCFT in 1991. She moved to Huntsville two years later and never left.
During her time in the Rocket City, Erin covered everything from tornadoes to historic elections, and even a few Alabama Crimson Tide national championships.
Erin is leaving to work on a new business, renovating homes. But she will be back on WAAY 31 soon, covering Alabama's run in the College Football Playoff.
"This will always be my station," she said. "Wonderful people work here."
- Erin Dacy says goodbye to WAAY 31
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Veterans Choice
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Protecting Patients
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Tianaa Dangers
- Goodbye Grissom, Hello library
- WAAY 31's Top 10 Stories of 2017
- WAAY 31's MaryLee Adams on coaches concerns
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Sheriff Ana Franklin's questionable connections
- Fired FBI director's first interview airs tonight on WAAY 31
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Pinpointing 911 cell calls