A Huntsville resident now has to do some serious repair work after Huntsville Police said a car struck a home he is in the process of buying.
Around 5:45 p.m. on Saturday, police said a truck switched gears, rolled down a hill and smashed into the porch of a home, destroying a large chunck.
The wreck happened in the 100 block of Geddings-Lang Road near Bob Wade Lane.
The soon-to-be homeowner said he saw the whole thing happen from his porch.
Huntsville Police told WAAY 31 no one was injured and the truck was eventually stopped by trees. Officers are investigating what caused the empty truck to suddenly switch gears.
- Empty truck switches gears, hits Huntsville house
- Huntsville-Madison County Emergency Management Agency switching alert system
- Huntsville police DUI task force switching back to overnight shift
- Police say truck hit, damaged Huntsville Hospital bridge
- Truck catches fire in Huntsville
- Ram trucks recalled to fix problem with gear shifters
- Huntsville bomb techs explain gear used to examine suspicious devices
- Huntsville City Schools saving roughly $1 million a year by switching to new staffing firm
- Child hit by truck in Florence
- Woman crashed truck into Huntsville home