Photo Gallery 1 Images
UPDATE: The crash occurred at 8:30 p.m. on Brownsboro Road between Kelly Creek Road and Hurricane Creek Road.
Alabama State Troopers said Joshua Lee Kent, 31, of Gurley was operating a 2007 Honda CBR 1000 motorcycle.
The pedestrian was crossing the road when the bike was coming over a hillcrest.
Kent laid the bike down, and the bike struck the pedestrian as it slid down the road, troopers said.
The motorcycle continued to slide and struck a 2017 Dodge Durango. Kent and the pedestrian were injured and taken to Huntsville Hospital. The driver and occupants of the Durango were not injured.
Update: The call for the wreck came in around 8:40 p.m. The motorcyclist was travelling northbound on Brownsboro Road towards Ryland Pike.
Right before the Dollar General, the motorcyclist hit a male pedestrian. The motorcycle slid across into an eastbound lane and hit an SUV.
The driver of the SUV was not injured. The pedestrian and motorcyclist were taken to the hospital, but their conditions are unknown at this time.
State Troopers are investigating the wreck. They said alcohol may be a factor.
The Central Fire Department and Alabama State Troopers are on the scene of a wreck involving a motorcycle at the Maysville Road four-way intersection in Madison County.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and online for updates.
- Troopers: Motorcyclist, pedestrian injured in Madison County wreck
- Motorcyclist killed in wreck
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after wreck on Highway 431
- Pedestrian identified in deadly Colbert County wreck
- Troopers, deputies chase driver in Madison County
- Troopers: Victim in fatal Madison County wreck was a well-known resident
- Teenager dies in Madison County wreck
- Update: Bicyclist killed in Madison County wreck
- Pedestrian identified in deadly Decatur wreck
- Single vehicle wreck investigated by state troopers