According to the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, a two-vehicle crash at 7:20 a.m. Friday, has claimed the life of an Elkmont woman.
Senior Trooper Chuck Daniel says Brittany Bennett, 30, was killed when the 2002 Lincoln Town Car she was driving crossed the center line and struck a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado head on. She was pronounced dead at the scene, and the driver of the Chevrolet pickup was taken to Athens-Limestone Hospital for his injuries.
The wreck happened on Alabama Highway 99, three miles northwest of Athens, Daniel says. Alabama State Troopers are investigating.
- Elkmont woman pronounced dead after two-vehicle crash on Alabama Highway 99
- Haleyville woman pronounced dead after crash in Franklin County
- Athens man pronounced dead after two-vehicle wreck on Highway 31
- Deadly crash kills Elkmont man Saturday night
- Crews battle early morning fire in Elkmont
- Fake money passed at Elkmont High School
- Athens woman dies after vehicle crash
- 4 dead after vehicle flees wrong way on Alabama interstate
- Elkmont students hold alternative to national school violence walkout
- Tornado clean up continues for Ardmore and Elkmont