Jackson County authorities said they got prescription pills and much more off the streets with two weekend drug busts.
On Saturday, the Jackson County Sheriff's Office and Scottsboro police said they were investigating drug activity at the Red Roof Inn in Scottsboro.
The sheriff's office said they searched a room and vehicle at the motel and found a pound of high-grade marijuana, drug paraphernalia, marijuana wax, Xanax, oxycodone, 216 ecstasy pills and $4,371 in cash.
Jessica Layne Carlson, 24, of Scottsboro, was arrested and charged with first-degree marijuana possession, possession of ecstasy with intent to distribute, and drug paraphernalia possession.
Carlson was released from the Jackson County Jail on $32,800 bond.
The day before that bust, the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, Scottsboro police and state authorities searched two locations on Worthington Street and Beech Street in a separate case. The sheriff's office said they found an ounce of methamphetamine, hydrocodone, Xanax and $1,346 in cash.
Keri Brooke Winkles, 30, of Scottsboro, was charged with meth trafficking and two counts of drug possession. She was booked into the Jackson County Jail and later was released on $35,000 bond.
- Ecstasy, marijuana and meth found in weekend drug busts
- Hartselle bust uncovers heroin, meth
- Madison County authorities find marijuana, guns in two drug busts
- 3 arrested after meth, pot, $11,000 found in Lawrence County drug bust
- DeKalb County Sheriff: Former police officer found with marijuana, meth
- Three arrested in Morgan County meth bust
- 5 arrested in Jackson County meth bust
- 2 charged in DeKalb County meth busts
- 3 arrested in Morgan County meth bust
- Police: Almost 3,000 Ecstasy pills seized from Huntsville apartment