The Limestone County water Authority is now looking to see what caused a water outage that impacted thousands of customers in East Limestone County.
"It was dry as a bone out here," said water customer Ron Fulmer.
When Ron Fulmer tried to turn on his faucet, he thought something was wrong with his plumbing. Then he learned his neighbors on McLemore Circle water wasn't turning on either.
"My wife had doctors appointments this morning. She would have preferred to take a shower, but there was no water available. I had to do some running around so I brought water to drink and make coffee out of," Fulmer said.
The Limestone County water and sewer authority told WAAY 31 the water went out around 5:00 monday morning when their pump lost pressure and the water feeding it. Normally the backup pump picks up the slack, but it didn't work. Crews are still looking find out why that happened.
I'd be thrilled to find out. That they would find out what caused the problem so they could be aware and deal with it because it was nasty this morning with no water," Fulmer said.
Around 7,300 customers were without water for over 5 hours. Officials said this issue isn't common. They believe equipment could have failed because there are multiple devices installed near the pipes. After a long day of yard work for Ron Fulmer, he's glad he now has running water.
"I've been out in the yard for the last 5-6 hours and water helps," Fulmer said.
- East Limestone County water outage restored, neighbors want answers
- Water outage scheduled over the weekend in Limestone County
- Water outage today in northeast Madison County
- Power outages reported as storm goes through Limestone County
- Water department schedules water outage in Madison County
- Limestone County neighbors want mass alert system for escaped inmates
- Limestone County neighbors cleaning up after powerful storm
- Neighbors want change after 4 hurt in Limestone County crash
- Rattlesnakes found by neighbors in Limestone County community
- Neighbors in Limestone County in favor of new litter laws