If you thought you felt an earthquake in Lauderdale County on Thursday, you aren’t wrong.
The US Geological Survey reports that a 2.3 magnitude earthquake struck south of Killen about 9:03 p.m.
It originated about 37,000 feet below the surface.
- Earthquake reported in North Alabama
- Earthquake reported near Scottsboro
- Is North Alabama prepared for earthquakes?
- Earthquake reported in Madison County
- North Alabama's heart helping Puerto Rico after deadly earthquake
- Early morning earthquake reported in Tennessee
- Photos: Storm damage reported in North Alabama
- Storm damage reported across North Alabama
- Flooding conditions reported on North Alabama roadways
- PHOTOS: Flooding reported in North Alabama