Firefighters in Morgan County had their hands full with three different fires within a couple of miles of each other Friday morning.
The first fire took place on East Chelsea Circle, about two miles west of Highway 231.
Flames beside their bed were the wake-up call for a Lacey's Spring couple. According to firefighters, the pair was awoken around 3:00 a.m. Friday morning by a fire that they said started in or near their bedroom.
They woke up their two sons and their grandmother and rushed out of the home. They then called 911.
Crews with Lacey's Spring Volunteer Fire Department arrived to find the back half of the trailer fully engulfed in flames.
Firefighters knocked down the fire before it completely ruined the trailer, but it managed to destroy the back half and caused significant smoke damage to the front half.
The Red Cross was called to assist the family with their next steps. No one was hurt in the fire.
The second fire took place at a house in Union Grove at Gullion Road and Pine Ridge Road.
Firefighters said there was no power going to the home at the time of the fire, which was mainly in the basement area of the house.
The third fire happened around 6:30 a.m. and was also in Lacey's Spring, in a trailer on Amherst Drive.
Lacey's Spring volunteer firefighters said the home was unoccupied at the time of the fire. A neighbor said no one was living in the home.
All three fires are under investigation.
- Firefighters busy responding to fires in Lacey's Spring, Union Grove
- Pedestrian hit south of Lacey's Spring
- Roads in Lacey's Spring clear up after flooding
- Homeowners in Lacey's Spring still dealing with flooding issues
- Alabama State Troopers: 1 dead in wreck near Laceys Spring
- Dollar General having free giveaways at new Lacey's Spring store
- Morgan County sheriff: Help find truck stolen in Lacey's Spring
- Huntsville Fire responding to Blue Spring Road business fire
- Huntsville firefighters respond to fire on carport
- Firefighters respond to Monday morning house fire