Early morning fire damages KFC restaurant in Madison County

According to Huntsville Fire and Rescue, the cause of the accident is ruled as accidental electrical.

Posted: May 13, 2021 7:51 AM

Huntsville Fire and Rescue responded to an early morning fire at a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant in Madison County off Highway 72 on Thursday. 

A spokesperson for Huntsville Fire and Rescue told WAAY 31 a food delivery person entered the KFC, smelled smoke and called 9-1-1. When firefighters arrived on scene, they found a fire in the attic above the dining area. No injuries were reported. According to Huntsville Fire and Rescue, the cause of the fire is ruled as accidental electrical. 

There is heavy damage to the attic and dining area. Because of this, the restaurant will be closed. 

Huntsville
Partly Cloudy
40° wxIcon
Hi: 64° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 32°
Florence
Clear
43° wxIcon
Hi: 64° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 37°
Fayetteville
Clear
39° wxIcon
Hi: 64° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 33°
Decatur
Clear
41° wxIcon
Hi: 65° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 35°
Scottsboro
Partly Cloudy
40° wxIcon
Hi: 63° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 35°
WAAY Radar
WAAY WAAY-TV Cam
WAAY Temperatures

 

Community Events