Photo Gallery 5 Images
An apartment clubhouse and office were destroyed early Wednesday morning in a fire on Sparkman Drive.
The fire started around 5:40 a.m. at Summer Tree Apartments.
"The clubhouse was ablaze," said apartment resident Annette Jenkins. "It was just so scary. It was terrifying."
Neighbors said they heard a massive explosion as the building ignited. Jenkins didn't think much of it at first.
"Just getting ready for the day and heard a big bang, and I thought it was the garbage truck picking up the garbage," she said. "I didn't pay any attention to it."
Moments later a firefighter kicked open her front door and told her to get out, she said. Her building ended up getting scorched by the flames.
"I'm just thanking God that he spared my life and everything inside can be replaced," Jenkins said.
No one was injured in the fire. The cause hasn't been determined.
- Early morning fire destroys Huntsville apartment building
- Early morning fire destroys apartment unit
- North Ridge Apartments' storage shed destroyed in early morning fire
- Business destroyed in early morning garage fire
- Huntsville Fire responds to early morning fire
- Huntsville man in serious condition after early morning apartment shooting
- Tree falls onto south Huntsville apartment building
- Fire reported in Huntsville apartment
- Early morning fire destroys home, no reports of injury
- Madison County home destroyed in early morning fire