...NWS Damage Survey for June 22 2018 Tornado Event...
.Higdon, AL Tornado...
Estimated Peak Wind: 90 MPH
Path length /Statute/: 1.7 Miles
Path width /Maximum/: 250 Yards
Start date: June 22 2018
Start time: 6:25 PM CDT
Start location: 1 Mile NE of Higdon, AL
Start Lat/Lon: 34.8513, -85.6197
End date: June 22, 2018
End time: 6:30 PM
End location: 2 Miles E of Higdon, AL
End_lat/lon: 34.8479, -85.5898
The tornado touched down just west of AL Highway 71, about 1 mile
northeast of Higdon, AL where a tree was snapped off at the top
along with other very large branches broken off on the property.
It then tracked east and on County Road 292 it uprooted a large
tree that fell on a truck and a house. Another small uprooted tree
was noted in the area as well. The tornado continued east and as
it crossed County Road 269 a small clearing in the trees was noted
along with a large tree split at the base. A house on County Road
169 had the most damage with three very healthy trees cleaning
snapped off at the exact same height. Other trees on the property
were snapped near the base as well as multiple very large limbs
down. The snapped trees is what warranted the 90 MPH designation.
This is where the tornado was at the widest with other snapped
trees noted along County Road 169. The last of the damage was
found on County Road 817 with a metal roof from a house peeled off
and thrown behind the house. A snapped tree was seen behind the
house as well.
- EF-1 Tornado Confirmed in Jackson County
- EF-1 Tornado Confirmed In Jackson County
- EF-1 Tornado Confirmed In Lauderdale County
- National Weather Service confirms EF-1 tornadoes hit Marshall, DeKalb counties
- National Weather Service confirms EF-1 tornado Wednesday in Colbert County
- National Weather Service confirms EF-1 tornado hit Cullman County
- Second EF-1 tornado confirmed in Tennessee after Tuesday's severe storms
- National Weather Service confirms two EF-1 tornadoes touched down in the Shoals
- Cullman County works to pick up the pieces after EF-1 tornado
- National Weather Service: Preliminary reports show EF-1 tornado in Colbert County