The suspects who are charged with capital murder in the death of 3-year-old Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney are both set to appear in front of a judge on Monday, November 4.
According to a court document filed on Monday, October 28, Patrick Stallworth, 39, will appear before Judge Clyde Jones for "an initial appearance review...for [Stallworth] to hire an attorney."
On Tuesday, October 29, the Jefferson County Public Defender's Office and Adam Danneman were selected to represent Derick Brown.
Investigators said McKinney died by asphyxiation the same day she was kidnapped on October 12.
- Suspects charged with killing Kamille McKinney to appear in court on Monday
- Funeral set for Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney abducted, killed in Alabama
- Jefferson County DA: 2 suspects officially charged with capital murder in Kamille McKinney case
- Reward offered for Kamille McKinney, Birmingham toddler kidnapped from party
- Search continues for missing Alabama child Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney
- Coroner: Body found in Birmingham confirmed as Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney
- Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney honored at Magic City Classic
- Birmingham police: New video shows Kamille McKinney, man shortly before kidnapping
- DeKalb County sheriff remembers county's own tragedy in wake of Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney's death
- Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney died by suffocation the same day she was kidnapped in Alabama, documents say