A crash involving a dump truck is causing traffic back up along Governors Drive in Huntsville near the intersection with Governor's Place.
Police on scene told WAAY-31 the brakes on the truck went out as it traveled down the hill toward Huntsville Hospital. The driver was able to steer it off the side of the road and down a small embankment.
He was not hurt, and no other vehicles were involved.
Westbound traffic was down to one lane. However, officers on scene said both lanes will likely close when wreckers show up to pull the truck up the embankment.
A second wreck occurred near Parkhill and Governors, when an SUV collided with an 18-wheeler.
Traffic in the area was moving as of 11 a.m.
- Dump truck crash snarls traffic on Governors Drive in Huntsville
- Traffic Alert: Crash on Governors Drive in Huntsville causes delays
- Huntsville police: Governors Drive reopens after crash
- Traffic alert: Crash blocking traffic at Governors Drive, Gallatin Street in Huntsville
- Huntsville road resurfacing project backs up traffic on Governors Drive
- Traffic Alert: Wreck blocks lanes on Governors Drive in Huntsville
- Traffic alert: Delays on Governors Drive
- Traffic Alert: Crash causes delays on Governors Drive near Monte Sano Boulevard in Huntsville
- Multiple people injured in Huntsville bus, dump truck wreck
- Traffic alert: Crash slows traffic at Governors Drive, Dug Hill Road