A crash involving a dump truck is causing traffic back up along Governors Drive in Huntsville near the intersection with Governor's Place.
Police on scene told WAAY-31 the brakes on the truck went out as it traveled down the hill toward Huntsville Hospital. The driver was able to steer it off the side of the road and down a small embankment.
He was not hurt, and no other vehicles were involved.
Westbound traffic was down to one lane. However, officers on scene said both lanes will likely close when wreckers show up to pull the truck up the embankment.
A second wreck occurred near Parkhill and Governors, when an SUV collided with an 18-wheeler.
Traffic in the area was moving as of 11 a.m.
- Dump truck crash snarls traffic on Governors Drive in Huntsville
- Huntsville road resurfacing project backs up traffic on Governors Drive
- Traffic alert: Delays on Governors Drive
- A Chick-fil-A on Governors Drive raises traffic worries for some Huntsville drivers
- Woman crashed truck into Huntsville home
- Traffic alert: Blake Bottom Road shut down for dump truck extraction
- Traffic alert: Wreck causing major delays on Governors Drive
- Major changes planned to improve Governors Drive in Huntsville
- Repaving underway on Governors Drive in Huntsville after 48-hour delay
- Huntsville police say heroin overdose causes head-on crash on Governors Drive