A crash involving a dump truck is causing traffic back up along Governors Drive in Huntsville near the intersection with Governor's Place.
Police on scene told WAAY-31 the brakes on the truck went out as it traveled down the hill toward Huntsville Hospital. The driver was able to steer it off the side of the road and down a small embankment.
He was not hurt, and no other vehicles were involved.
Westbound traffic was down to one lane. However, officers on scene said both lanes will likely close when wreckers show up to pull the truck up the embankment.
A second wreck occurred near Parkhill and Governors, when an SUV collided with an 18-wheeler.
Traffic in the area was moving as of 11 a.m.
- Dump truck crash snarls traffic on Governors Drive in Huntsville
- Huntsville road resurfacing project backs up traffic on Governors Drive
- Traffic alert: Delays on Governors Drive
- Multiple people injured in Huntsville bus, dump truck wreck
- A Chick-fil-A on Governors Drive raises traffic worries for some Huntsville drivers
- Wreck blocking traffic on Governors Drive and California Street in Huntsville
- Traffic alert: Wreck causing major delays on Governors Drive
- Woman crashed truck into Huntsville home
- Traffic alert: Blake Bottom Road shut down for dump truck extraction
- Huntsville police: Pickup at fault in dump truck/bus wreck that hurt 7