BREAKING NEWS The Latest: US to deploy more troops to Saudi Arabia, UAE Full Story

Dryer fire damages home, displaces family

A family of five adults was displaced by the fire.
A family of five adults was displaced by the fire.

The dryer had to be removed from the house while crews were tackling the fire.

Posted: May 21, 2018 3:36 AM
Updated: May 21, 2018 6:04 AM

A family of five was displaced from their home as they woke up to an early morning fire.


Shortly after 2 a.m. Monday morning, Huntsville Fire and Rescue responded to a call of a mobile home fire in the 100 block of Oregon Drive in Triana.

When they arrived, crews found heavy black smoke coming from the residence.

Firefighters were able to contain the flames to primarily one section of the home. Officials told WAAY 31 that an unattended dryer was the source of the fire.

The dryer was removed from the residence in the course of fighting the fire.

Five adults had to leave the home because of the damage. However, crews said they did have a safe place to go.

Article Comments

Huntsville
Few Clouds
84° wxIcon
Hi: 86° Lo: 62°
Feels Like: 84°
Florence
Clear
88° wxIcon
Hi: 89° Lo: 63°
Feels Like: 88°
Fayetteville
Clear
82° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 60°
Feels Like: 82°
Decatur
Clear
85° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 60°
Feels Like: 85°
Scottsboro
Clear
84° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 60°
Feels Like: 84°
WAAY Radar
WAAY WAAY-TV Cam
WAAY Temperatures

Community Events