Photo Gallery 4 Images
Two people from Collinsville are facing federal charges after being arrested Sunday on meth and marijuana trafficking charges.
Ismael Acevedo-Rodriquez, 28, and Krystal Fatima-Gallegos, 27, were arrested at a home on County Road 22 in the Mount Vernon area after what DeKalb County authorities said was a lengthy investigation into drug activity at the home.
The DeKalb County Sheriff's Office said drug task force agents found more than three pounds of methamphetamine, three pounds of marijuana, various prescription drugs, 20 firearms, drug paraphernalia and more than $30,000 in cash in the home.
Three children also were in the home, authorities said. They were turned over to the county Department of Human Resources.
Acevedo-Rodriquez and Fatima Gallegos both were charged with trafficking meth, trafficking marijuana, five counts of drug possession, possession of a forged instrument and possession of drug paraphernalia.
The sheriff's office said federal charges are also pending on the two.
- Drugs, guns found in Collinsville home
- Five suspects arrested on drug charges in Collinsville raid
- DeKalb Co. Sheriff's Office: Explosive material found in Collinsville
- Man charged with assaulting Collinsville police officers
- Collinsville PD collecting donations after officer loses everything in fire
- Collinsville man arrested for biting, stabbing family member
- Drugs, 41 guns, stolen truck found at Albertville home by Marshall County Sheriff’s Office
- Defending 2A State Champs, Fyffe, prep for tough match up against Collinsville.
- Sheriff: Marijuana, stolen gun found in home with infant
- Decatur police: Stolen gun, drugs found after Jeep runs red light