"I've been held up because of the rain for a few days I thought I'd come to check it out," said David McGough.
David McGough is no stranger to rising water here in Hampton Cove. He told me he came out today to see the flooding at Cove Park.
"The ball feels tend to stay just above it and anything else just floods," said McGough.
Just down the road, Little Cove Road is blocked after flooding made it impassable.
"I was going to go down there and check it out and take some pictures," said McGough.
Mcgough isn't alone, over on Little Cove Road I talked with several people who came by to take pictures of the flooding.
"We've never seen it this bad," said Lane Belz.
Several other roads were closed Sunday in Madison County, including Homer Nance at Jordan Rd. as well as Brownsferry Road to Bowers Road. Some drivers may be frustrated navigating around the closed roads, but others are stopping to see what a week of relentless rain left behind.
Take a look at our list of updated road closures HERE.
- Drivers check out Madison County roads closed for flooding
- Flint River flooding closes Brownsboro Road in Madison County
- Officials: Zierdt Road in Madison closed indefinitely due to flooding
- Limestone County roads closed due to flooding
- Drivers cross flooded roads despite safety warnings
- Mudslide closes Blowing Cave Road in Madison County
- UPDATES: Flooding closes more North Alabama roads
- Updates: Flooding closes more North Alabama roads
- North Alabama roads closed due to flooding
- Jackson County roads heavily flooded