One person is recovering after a car crash along Interstate 565.
Madison Police sent out an alert around 4:00 Wednesday morning warning drivers of an hours long delay just east of Wall Triana along I-565. However, when WAAY 31 arrived on the scene shortly before 4:15 a.m., the car was being towed, police had left and the interstate was back open. We talked with the driver of that car who said the crash actually happened around midnight. The driver said low blood sugar caused him to pass out behind the wheel and crash.
The driver was not injured.
- Driver said medical episode caused single-car crash along I-565
- Woman hospitalized following car wreck on I-565
- I-565 Lane Closures Start Wednesday
- Multiple wrecks reported along I-565
- Madison firefighters put out car fire along I-565
- I-565 lanes shut down for morning wreck
- I-565 backed up due to wreck
- Man killed in single-car wreck
- Motorcyclist hit by wrong-way driver on I-565 talks about wreck
- Building new ballpark means fast-tracking I-565 interchange