Alabama State Troopers say a man was killed in a crash Wednesday around 5 a.m. in Franklin County.
The two-vehicle crash happened at AL. 24 and County Road 23. It involved a 2011 Suzuki Equator pickup truck driven by Jacob Cox, 22, of Red Bay and a 2001 Peterbilt tractor trailer driven by John Hill, 63, of Pontotoc, Mississippi, troopers say.
Cox was crossing southbound on AL. 24 when his vehicle was hit on its passenger side. According to troopers, the eastbound lanes of AL. 24 were closed for a brief period and later reopened. The crash happened west of Russellville.
Hill was taken to Red Bay Hospital with minor injuries. Troopers continue to investigate.
- Driver killed in two-vehicle wreck in Franklin County
- ATV crash kills two in Franklin County
- Vehicle wreck smashes mailbox, hydrant and utility pole; hospitalizes driver
- Motorcyclist killed in wreck
- Deadly crash in Franklin County
- Huntsville woman killed in two-vehicle wreck on Jordan Lane
- Driver in wreck that killed 3 teens released from hospital
- Driver killed in wreck on Highway 67 in Decatur
- Lawrence County man killed in wreck
- Wreck in Lauderdale County kills 3 teens