According to a Huntsville Police, a driver crashed a stolen car into a fence at a home on Grunden Drive Monday night and then ran off.
Police told WAAY 31 the car was stolen from a gas station near the corner of Sparkman Drive and Executive Drive. The man driving the car said he was inside buying a soda when he saw and heard the car pull off. He said he tried to chase the car down, but it got away from him.
Police said the driver crashed the car into the fence and ran off. Police also said there were two passengers in the car at the time of the crash who ran off as well. The officer on the scene described the three people as teenagers.
- Driver crashes car into fence, runs from police
- Vehicle crashes through fence onto Redstone Arsenal
- Athens crash injures driver, mangles car
- MPD: speeding car goes airborne and crashes through a fence and into a house
- Two men save driver and passenger from fiery car crash
- Driver said medical episode caused single-car crash along I-565
- Huntsville police chase ends with driver crashing a car in a field
- Decatur Police seek driver in deadly hit and run
- Decatur Police officials warn drivers about car theft this winter
- Huntsville police: Running red light leads to car flip