A man is behind bars after trying to evade Huntsville Police.
Around 12:30 Friday morning, officers spotted a driver speeding westbound on I-565 and attempted to pull him over.
The driver refused and instead continued at a high rate of speed.
Officers said the man pulled off at the Jordan Lane exit and made his way south down Patton Road.
He then pulled off near Gate 10 and turned into the Monarch Apartment Homes complex off of Talwell Drive.
Officers were able to apprehend the driver near the back of the complex and placed him into custody.
Investigators told WAAY 31 that the driver will likely be charged with reckless endangerment and attempting to elude. No one was injured in the pursuit.
- Driver arrested following high-speed pursuit in Huntsville
- Speeding driver thankful deputy saved her life
- High speed chase and counterfeit money lead to an arrest
- Two arrested in Decatur after short pursuit
- 4 detained after high speed chase
- Huntsville Junior High School teacher resigns
- Fight broke out at Huntsville High School
- Huntsville Jr. High evacuated after bomb threat
- Courtland wants high speed internet to bring in businesses
- SpaceX launches demo satellites for its high-speed internet project