A man was taken to jail after his car smashed through a utility pole on Washington Street early Friday morning.
Police were called to the intersection of Washington and Max Luther Drive around 2:30 a.m.
The driver, identified by police as Eddie Brandon Samayoa Gamarro, 23, was heading north on Washington when his car veered off the road and knocked down the pole before coming to a stop on the opposite side of the road.
Gamarro was charged with driving under the influence, driving with a suspended license, an improper lane change and operating a vehicle without insurance. His bond had not been set as of early Friday afternoon.
- Driver arrested after crashing through utility pole on Washington St.
- Vehicle wreck smashes mailbox, hydrant and utility pole; hospitalizes driver
- Down trees, utility poles block several roads overnight
- Wreck knocks down utility pole, blocks Mastin Lake Road
- Boaz man dead after truck hit utility pole, trees
- Multiple Muscle Shoals police cars damaged by downed utility pole
- Utility poles down at Countess Road in Huntsville
- Crews replace utility pole on Blue Spring Road
- Huntsville Police: teenager injured after leading police on a chase, crashing into utility pole
- Huntsville Utilities restoring power after storm knocked down 6 utility poles