HOOVER, Ala. (AP) - John Doxakis carried a no-hitter into the eighth inning and Texas A&M beat Auburn 4-2 on Thursday night in the Southeastern Conference Tournament.
The Aggies (39-19) move into the semifinals while Auburn (39-20) faces Mississippi on Friday in an elimination game.
Doxakis (7-5) didn't allow a hit until Jay Estes' infield single to lead off the eighth. He struck out 10 and didn't walk anybody but did hit two batters.
Conor Davis brought Estes home with a double to center field.
Closer Nolan Hoffman then earned his 14th save, allowing an unearned run in the ninth.
Zach Deloach went 3 for 3 with two RBIs for Texas A&M, which took a 3-0 lead on Braden Shewmake's two-run double in the sixth.
Auburn ace Casey Mize (9-5) pitched into the eighth in his third straight loss. He is projected as a possible No. 1 overall draft pick.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Doxakis, Texas A&M shut down Auburn, 4-2 in SEC
- Alabama A&M tops Texas Southern in overtime
- Georgia wins SEC Championship over Auburn
- Auburn opens SEC Tournament vs. Kentucky
- Auburn basketball gets second straight SEC win
- Auburn Alumni celebrate SEC Championship in Huntsville
- Auburn learns designations for 2020 SEC slate
- Sexton's buzzer beater lifts Alabama over Texas A&M, 71-70
- Alabama, Auburn land handful of players on All-SEC teams
- Alabama drops Auburn 6-4 in SEC Tourney opener