The owner says his landlord isn't renewing his lease, which he says he's paid on time, every time, for 11 years.
"It's a shame it's going to be closed down," said Joshua Riddle, who came to Sam and Greg's for a stop in his bachelor party Saturday night.
"When I heard they were closing down, I was very adamant about coming here to celebrate with all my buddies," said Riddle.
Sam and Greg's owner Greg Hathorn said he's between a rock and a hard-place. Once his lease runs out at the end of this month, his landlord plans to renovate the upstairs, which would mean shutting down for 3 months. The problem is that there's nowhere for Sam and Greg's downtown to go- they would be losing months of revenue, which is why he posted this announcement on Facebook
The owner said he hopes to eventually find another downtown location.
- Downtown Huntsville's Sam and Greg's closing down
- 2 downtown Huntsville roads closed for utility work
- Downtown streets closing for Panoply
- Tennessee no longer pursuing Greg Schiano for Head Coach
- First cycle track opens in downtown Huntsville
- 3 new restaurants coming to downtown Huntsville
- Expect detours in downtown Huntsville March 27
- First restaurant announced for downtown Huntsville development
- Downtown Huntsville wreck knocks over pole
- Emergency Lane Closure in Downtown Huntsville