Photo Gallery 7 Images
Huntsville Utilities crews were busy throughout Sunday night and Monday morning with several calls of obstructed roads.
Blue Spring Road was temporarily shut down after the top of a utility pole snapped off and caused power lines to fall into the roadway.
Both Bankhead Parkway and Pansy Street had trees fall across the entirety of the roadway, blocking all through traffic.
The obstruction on Drake Avenue has persisted the longest. Huntsville Police started asking drivers to steer clear of the road near Crestwood Drive SW starting around 12:45 a.m.
A broken utility pole caused power lines to lie across the roadway causing traffic in both directions to be shut down.
As of the publishing of this article, Drake Avenue had not reopened. Officers said they expect the closure to extend into the rush hour period since utilities crews need to replace the pole.
Downed trees and power lines kept Huntsville Utilities workers buy throughout the night. As of 6:30 a.m., about 1,500 customers still had no power.
- Down trees, utility poles block several roads overnight
- Wreck knocks down utility pole, blocks Mastin Lake Road
- Boaz man dead after truck hit utility pole, trees
- Utility poles down at Countess Road in Huntsville
- Crews replace utility pole on Blue Spring Road
- Vehicle wreck smashes mailbox, hydrant and utility pole; hospitalizes driver
- Driver arrested after crashing through utility pole on Washington St.
- Multiple Muscle Shoals police cars damaged by downed utility pole
- Large tree falls, blocks Bankhead Road for several hours
- Huntsville Utilities restoring power after storm knocked down 6 utility poles