DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) - A middle school band director in the Dothan City School system faces a charge related to the alleged solicitation of a sex act with a student.
The Dothan Eagle reports Phillip Burns, of Dothan, was arrested Friday on one misdemeanor count of school employee soliciting a sex act with a student under the age of 19.
Dothan Police investigators were notified of allegations against Burns, who works at Girard Middle School as a band director. He also works at Northview High School.
Police say Burns engaged in a sexually explicit conversation with a student via a social messaging app.
Schools Superintendent Phyllis Edwards says Burns has been placed on administrative leave pending a hearing.
Burns is being held at the Dothan City Jail. It's unknown if he has an attorney.
Information from: The Dothan Eagle, http://www.dothaneagle.com
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
3/10/2018 3:28:39 PM (GMT -6:00)
- Dothan City Schools employee arrested for soliciting sex
- New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft accused of soliciting sex
- Police: Woman made up rabid raccoon story to cover up shooting in Dothan
- Scottsboro City Schools employees targeted by scammers
- School employee accused of engaging in sex act with student
- Patriots owner Robert Kraft could be charged as early as Monday in sex solicitation case
- Boaz police charge Gadsden man with soliciting 14-year-old girl for sex
- Lauderdale County man charged with soliciting teen for sex was out on bond for rape
- Police say Madison man solicited child, went to Decatur for sex act
- Albertville police arrest sex offender