A suspect wanted in Tuscumbia is now in custody.
WAAY 31's Breken Terry was with the Tuscumbia police department to learn more on this situation.
The Tuscumbia police chief tells WAAY 31 Gary DeWayne White was arrested in Rogersville for outstanding warrants in Lauderdale County, but he could be facing domestic violence charges here in Tuscumbia.
White's girlfriend came to the Tuscumbia police department to file charges against him after they got into an argument today. The girlfriend left her mother and White at this home on Frankfort Road, and was worried about her mother. Police went to the home and the mother told them she thought he was still in the house. Once they got her to safety, officers surrounded the home, entered and found White was not there. Police tell us they shut down a portion of Frankfort Road because they didn't know what type of situation this could turn into and the threat it posed to the public.
Chief Tony Logan: Of course the motoring public trying to go by you have surrounding residents and those things. And I want to thank the Colbert County Sheriff's department along with the other agencies like the Littleville Police department and when those kinds of things happen you have to come together and fortunately this ended in a godo situation for all ofus.
Chief Logan tells us White could face domestic violence charges here in Tuscumbia, but has not been charged with anythign yet except for the outstandiing warrants in Lauderdale County. Live in Tuscumbia, Breken Terry, WAAY 31 News.
- Domestic violence suspect wanted in Tuscumbia now in custody
- Suspect in custody after domestic violence report and police search
- Huntsville Police: Domestic violence suspect taken into custody
- Domestic violence in Alabama
- Man arrested for Domestic Violence
- Florence police looking for man wanted on domestic violence warrants
- Tuscumbia police arrest suspect wanted after deadly Friday night shooting
- MCSO: domestic violence leads to standoff, suspect identified
- Florence man charged with domestic violence, kidnapping
- Legal experts explain domestic violence laws