COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - 11 pit bulls rescued from a dog fighting ring in Madison County are now being rehabilitated at Shaw's Pit Bull Rescue in Lowndes County. The organization rescues abandoned, neglected, or abused pit bulls.
"Some of them kind of sat in the back of their kennels, but now they are coming to the front looking for treats,“ said Dana McDonald, the coordinator at the rescue. "They are getting used to having us around."
They now have 33 pit bulls. Each dog has a name, and each kennel has a sign with information on the dog, from their birthdays to from where they were rescued.
"The fact that they are vicious man eating machines, that's the biggest misconception," added McDonald.
While at Shaw Pit Bull Rescue, the dogs are successfully rehabilitated through decompression and play time.
"I have children of my own and I would trust each and every one of these dogs, even the ones from Madison County with my children," McDonald said.
- Dogs rescued from fighting ring get a second chance
- Rescued dog trains to become therapy dog
- 2019 rings in new laws
- Prostitution ring busted in Limestone County
- Lost engagement ring found by local woman
- Some Rain To Ring In 2019
- Woman, dog rescued after falling through ice in Madison
- Shelter: Over 100 dogs rescued from Tennessee 'puppy mill'
- Woman rescues abandoned and abused dog near Douglas
- Man dies rescuing two dogs in the Pacific Ocean