A family's dog is dead after their home caught on fire in the Owens Crossroads area Thursday morning.
Fire crews on the scene tell WAAY 31 no one else was hurt in the fire.
According to the Big Cove Fire Department, the flames were contained about 10 minutes after fire crews got to the scene.
Big Cove, Owens Cross Roads, and Huntsville fire departments responded to the fire.
Huntsville Fire and Rescue confirmed they had two units on the scene about 10 minutes after the call came in.
Four people lived inside the home but all managed to escape unhurt. The family also lost their guinea pig in the fire.
The home is a total loss. Right now, the cause of the fire is under investigation.
It happened on the 200 block of Byrd Drive.
- Dog dies in Thursday morning house fire
- Huntsville man dies in house fire early Saturday morning
- Two people displaced in morning house fire
- Firefighters respond to Monday morning house fire
- Officials investigating early morning house fire
- Madison woman escapes Friday morning house fire
- Woman, dog lose home to early morning fire
- WATCH: Athens firefighters revive unresponsive dog trapped in house fire
- UPDATE: Dogs killed in north Huntsville house fire
- Neighbor reacts to house fire that killed four dogs