Police arrested a doctor in Montgomery, Alabama for overprescribing opioids to his patients.
A woman says she pleaded with Doctor Richard Stehl to stop prescribing drugs to her sister, but he refused.
Investigators checked the doctor's prescription records and found out Stehl was in the top 0.9 percent of percent of prescribers in the whole state.
He will appear before a judge Thursday afternoon, and will remain in federal custody until his bond hearing.
- Doctor Arrested for Overprescribing Opioids
- Decatur doctor arrested on harassment charges
- Doctor arrested in Lauderdale Co. after employee claims harassment
- Gymnastics doctor pleads guilty to sex charges
- Doctor says Trump 'is in excellent health'
- Doctors keep licenses despite sex abuse
- UPDATE: Decatur doctor found guilty of harassment
- Possible consequences loom from crackdown on opioids
- Alabama files lawsuit against opioid manufacturer
- Opioid crisis worsening in the Tennessee Valley