Madison city leaders and developers broke ground Thursday on the latest project in the Town Madison development.
The Station at Town Madison apartments is expected to begin with 274 apartments in the mixed-use retail portion of the development. Developers said the $36 million project will be four stories of apartments with elevators and "resort-style amenities."
One, two and three-bedroom apartments will be available, and some will have garages, according to the developers.
Apartments are expected to begin leasing in 2019.
Town Madison developer Louis Breland is partnering with Tynes Development Corporation and B&J LLC on the project.
The Town Madison development will encompass 530 acres along I-565. Plans for the development also include a new minor league baseball stadium.
A phase of single-family homes and a Home 2 Suites hotel already are under development in the area.
- Developer breaks ground on Town Madison apartments
- First retail partner for Town Madison development project breaks ground
- Developer, local leaders to break ground on hotel in Town Madison
- Officials break ground on first Town Madison hotel
- Town Madison Cooperative District approves additional funding for Town Madison
- $27M development project coming to downtown Madison
- Google breaks ground on Alabama data center
- DaikyoNishikawa auto supplier breaks ground in Huntsville
- Showers Breaking As Drought Begins Developing
- Margaritaville Hotel coming to Town Madison