An investigator testified Thursday morning in court about the sex abuse charges against former Madison County Sheriff's Office investigator Ronald Campos.
The investigator testified that the sheriff's office learned about the abuse when the child reported it to a school counselor in February. She told investigators at the National Children's Advocacy Center that Campos touched her while she was sitting in his lap at his house.
The girl is a relative of Campos, authorities said.
Campos is charged with two counts of sexual abuse of a child.
Campos's pastor, Michael Walker, is charged with failure to report the crime. Authorities said Walker and the child's mother were aware of the abuse.
- Details revealed in former Madison Co. investigator's child sex abuse case
- Madison County authorities charge man with child sex abuse
- Lauderdale Co. investigators arrest man on child sex abuse charges
- Two men charged with child sex abuse
- Investigators reveal new details from Huntsville triple murder
- Mistrial declared in aggravated child abuse case
- Former Madison County Sheriff's Investigator pleads guilty to sex abuse charge
- Huntsville man sentenced for child-sex trafficking in Madison County
- Parents charged with child abuse in investigation into child's death
- Boaz man facing child porn, sex abuse charges