Morgan County is spreading some holiday cheer this December after a monthlong fundraising effort.
Deputies tossed the razor during “No-Shave November” to support a Hartselle police officer, Brad Freeman.
Freeman's wife, Amanda, is battling cancer. Deputies also set up donut sales to help fundraise.
The effort raised nearly $5,000 for the Freeman family.
“We’re reminded almost daily of the challenges facing law enforcement. When you add in a fight with cancer, it takes as much physical, emotional and financial support you can get. I’m happy our group was willing to be part of their support team,” said Morgan County Sheriff Ron Puckett.
- Deputies raise $4,500 for Hartselle officer's wife battling cancer
- Huntsville police: Fake employee scams customer with $4,500 sale
- Hartselle man arrested on rape charge by Morgan County deputies
- Morgan Co. deputies investigating shooting on Bethel Circle in Hartselle
- Hartselle students raise funds to pay off student's lunch debt
- A Hartselle man is missing
- Hartselle bust uncovers heroin, meth
- 2 hurt in Hartselle crash
- Hartselle office manager arrested for taking from employer
- Police program will put more officers in Hartselle City Schools