The Madison County Sheriff's Office has arrested Anthony Scott Austin, 38. That office has charged him with attempting to elude a police officer and buying/receiving stolen property.
The Huntsville Police Department has charged him with theft of property, driving with a suspended license, speeding, failure to appear (traffic), switched tag, driving without/with an expired license, and operating a vehicle without insurance.
He's also being held for law enforcement in Giles County and Pulaski Police.
According to the Madison County Sheriff's Office the chase started because of a theft in Giles County, TN. The Limestone County Sheriff's Office chased the subject in to Madison County.
The chase ended on Bordeaux Lane in Madison when a man got out of the car and ran from law enforcement. The Madison County Sheriff's Office quickly took the man into custody.
People who live in this area told WAAY 31 their street is normally quiet.
- Man facing multiple charges after high-speed chase through multiple North Alabama counties
- DeKalb County chase ends in multiple charges
- Woman faces multiple charges after police chase on Memorial Parkway
- DeKalb County sheriff: Suspect with multiple warrants injured in high-speed chase, wreck
- Red Bay man facing multiple rape, sodomy charges
- Suspect arrested on multiple charges after chase with Moulton police
- Flooding reported at multiple locations in North Alabama
- Multiple North Alabama schools operating on 2-hour delay Tuesday
- DeKalb County sheriff: Suspect wanted in multiple counties arrested after chase in Alabama, Georgia
- Multiple shootings in north Huntsville over weekend