Two Decatur are women are behind bars after police said they found heroin and cash in one woman's home.
Decatur police arrested Karen Ann Kubicsek, 53, and Sarah Lynne Wallace, 54, on Saturday after a traffic stop at Old Highway 31 and Mill Road.
According to police, they had received complaints about drug activity at Kubicsek's home on Mill Road going back to February. After an investigation they stopped Kubicsek's vehicle with her and Wallace inside and said they found half an ounce of heroin and $460 in cash.
After arresting the women, police said they searched Kubicsek's home and found more heroin and $4,800 in cash.
Both Kubicsek and Wallace were charged with heroin trafficking. They were jailed on $250,000 each.
- Decatur women charged with heroin trafficking
- Decatur woman charged with trafficking stolen identities
- Decatur man charged with trafficking cocaine
- Decatur police charge man with meth trafficking
- Huntsville police charge Detroit man with heroin trafficking
- Multiple arrests made in connection with heroin trafficking organization
- Morgan County sheriff: Man wanted for making meth, trafficking heroin
- Florence men facing felony meth, heroin charges
- Decatur man charged after pot smell leads to heroin, meth and a pistol
- End Heroin HSV Walk